Vegan Sticky Toffee Pudding
- By Sophie Newman
- Photography courtesy of Tibits
- 22nd Nov 2017
The guys over at Tibits have given us their rocking recipe for a vegan sticky toffee pudding.
As our main topic this month is Vegan, our fav Vegan-loving, London restaurant, Tibits gave us their secret sticky toffee pudding recipe to share with you. Trust us, it’s seriously good.
Can be eaten warm or cold, with any fresh fruit or a scoop of ice cream. The dessert tastes even better the next day.
- 6-7 fresh dates
- 3g fresh ginger
- 130g vegetable margarine
- 50g unrefined sugar
- 130ml soya milk
- 1 espresso cup of Italian espresso
- 100g white flour
- 1/2tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
For the Sauce
- 80ml maple syrup
- 50g raw cane sugar
- 80ml vegan whipping cream
- Preheat the over to 140C or 285F.
- Cut the dates in half, remove the pits and cut into 1/2cm or 1/4inch thick slices.
- Peel the ginger and finely slice.
- Mix the dates and ginger with the margarine and the unrefined sugar to form a smooth mixture.
- Add the remaining ingredients and fold into the date mixture.
- Fill a non-greased cake tin with the mixture and bake in the middle of the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil down the ingredients for the sauce by half in a small pan on a low heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Pour the warm sauce over the still warm pudding and allow it cool.