So you’ve grabbed a bag of your fave gourmet sweets in Co-op and fancy winning yourself the ultimate at-home vegan BBQ experience? You’ve come to the right place.
If you’re the lucky winner, you and your chosen pals will receive a vegan (obvs) BBQ cooked in the comfort of your own home by our good friends at The Vurger Co. We promise it will be a BBQ experience like no other, with a selection of sweet treats, a few extra surprises, and maybe even a visit with a certain blonde haired celeb…
If this sounds like a bit of you, get entering below…
T&Cs: Open to 18+ UK residents (excluding Northern Ireland and Scotland). Purchase necessary; any Candy Kittens product from Co-op during promotional period 25.08.21 to 14.09.21. Winner chosen at random. Competition ends 14.09.21. Private outdoor space is required for prize delivery. Full details and T&Cs at candykittens.co.uk/vurgerco-giveaway
- The Promoter: Candy Kittens Ltd (company no. 08006749) whose registered office is at 7 Lyric Square, Hammersmith, London W6 0ED.
- Eligibility: The competition is only open to residents of the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland and Scotland) aged 18 years and over, excluding employees of the Promoter and their close relatives and anyone otherwise professionally connected with the organisation and this Competition. Please note that due to the Prize being a BBQ-cooked meal, the Winner’s OR Winner’s friends involved in the Prize as per clause 10 must have access to private outdoor space large enough to accommodate a BBQ and 2 chefs. If private outdoor space is not available then the selected Winner forfeits the Prize and an alternative Winner will be chosen at random in the selection process as set out in clause 15. The process will repeat until an eligible Winner is able to claim the Prize.
- Promotional Period: The Competition will run from 25.08.2021 to 23:59 on 14.09.2021. All entries must be received by 23:59 on 14.09.2021 to be valid and no liability will be accepted for late entries.
- Entry Requirements: Entry requires the purchase of any Candy Kittens product from a Co-op store and the corresponding Co-op receipt. Purchases must be made between 25.08.2021 to 14.09.2021 to be eligible. Please retain the original receipt as it may be required for verification in the event of a win - photocopies will not be accepted. Please note that purchases from any other retailer will not qualify for Competition entry.
- To Enter:
5.1. Purchase a Candy Kittens product from Co-op
5.2. Scan the QR code found on promotional in-store display units using your smartphone’s camera to access the Competition page, or directly visit the Competition page at https://candykittens.co.uk/the-vurgerco-giveaway.
5.3 Enter your full name and email address and upload a full image of your Co-op store receipt clearly showing your Candy Kittens purchase. Please note that altered, blurry, distorted or for whatever reason illegible receipts, or receipts that do not clearly show the date of purchase, will not be accepted.
- Multiple entries allowed per person, but each entry requires a separate purchase and a separate receipt.
- By entering this Competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- No responsibility can be accepted for late entries and entries not received for whatever technical or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entrants who do not give correct details may be disqualified, at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- In the event of an email address being changed, the Promoter is unable to transfer an existing entry to a new email address.
- Prize: There is one Prize to be won, which is ‘The ultimate at-home vegan BBQ experience’ delivered jointly by Candy Kittens and The Vurger Co. This Prize consists of a vegan BBQ meal cooked and served in the Prize Winner’s home by The Vurger Co chefs for a maximum of 6 people. The meal will be cooked on a BBQ in the private outdoor space of the Winner’s (or any of the Winner’s friends included in the Prize) home. The Vurger Co will present in advance the Prize Winner and their friends with a BBQ menu for them to choose from. In addition, the Winner and their friends will enjoy the company of our co-founder Jamie Laing and a selection of Candy Kittens products.
- Prize Redemption: Prize will be delivered to outdoor space of the Winner's home (or the home of one of the Winner's friends involved in the Prize) as per clause 10. The date of the Prize delivery will be discussed and mutually agreed between the Winner and the Promoter as a suitable date for all parties involved in deliver of the Prize. The date for Prize redemption must be within 12 months of the Competition end date. If within that time the Prize is not redeemed or a mutually agreed date is not found, the Winner forfeits the Prize.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and no cash alternatives are available. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the Prize will only be awarded directly to the entrant responsible for the email address against which the winning entry was registered. In the event for any reason the Winner chooses not to accept the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter in accordance with Clause 16, then the Prize will be forfeited, and no alternative will be offered, unless otherwise agreed. If for any reason any element of the Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another Prize, at its sole discretion, of equal or higher value without giving notice.
- No additional, further or other costs or expenses, including but not limited to travel expenses, shall be included in the Prize as set out in Clause 10, unless expressly stated.
- The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate Prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this Competition.
- Selection Process: One Winner will be selected via a randomised computer process from all valid entries on 15.09.2021.
- Winner Notification: The Winner will be emailed on 15.09.2021 via the email address used to submit their entry informing them that they have won the Prize and asking them to respond and confirm email receipt. In the event that the Promoter is unable to contact a Winner within 7 days from 15.09.2021, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative Winner from all remaining valid entries, with the originally selected Winner forfeiting their right to the Prize. The process will repeat until an eligible Winner is able to claim the Prize. It is the sole responsibility of entrants to check spam/junk folders to ensure they are in receipt of any communications. The Promoter is not responsible or liable in the event that a Winner fails to receive their email notification as a result of having provided an incorrect email address, or the Winner deletes the email.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any person whose email address is used to enter without the owner’s permission. The owner of the email address is accepted as the entrant and should their email address be selected as a Winner, they will be the sole claimant of the Prize.
- Winner selection is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants must enter the Competition using their legal name. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names and to require them to return any Prize they may have won. The Promoter will verify the eligibility of all Winners. The Promoter will require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a Prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied the entrant has met all qualifying criteria as outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of a Winner's identity in the form of a passport or driver's license and proof of address in the form of a utility bill. In the event that a Prize Winner cannot provide the requested proof within 7 days of a request being sent, which is reasonably acceptable to the Promoter, the Promoter may withdraw the Prize. If a Prize is withdrawn for this reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select a reserve Winner in the same manner as described in Clause 15.
- Bulk entries, entries submitted via agents, third parties, organised groups or those automatically generated by any means will not be accepted. Entries received by any other means (e.g. post) will be rejected. Any person persistently trying to circumvent the entry process in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Competition in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Competition, will be disqualified immediately and any Prize awarded will be void.
- Where a Winner has been found to be in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions, the spirit of the Competition and in particular where a person is in breach of the entry restrictions and has gained unfair advantage in participating or won using fraudulent means, the Promoter may nevertheless still enforce its right to disqualify that person and require the return or reimbursement to the Promoter of any Prize even where a Prize has been awarded and/or actually provided to the entrant or Prize Winner in question.
- The Winner’s name and address details (email and/or postal) will be retained for 12 months after the conclusion of the Competition to allow the Promoter to arrange for delivery of Prize and to deal with any queries from the Winner. The Winner can request for their details to be deleted before the expiry of this period by emailing email@example.com, although the Promoter cannot be held responsible if such request means that it is unable to complete delivery of that Winner’s Prize or assist them following deletion of their details.
- Except where a Winner has requested the Promoter not to share their details, the Winner’s details (abbreviated name) will be available for a period of 30 days after closing date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Winner may be requested to participate in reasonable publicity including (without limitation) publication of the name of a Winner via social media, with no further compensation, but only if they have not requested for their details not to be shared and only during the 30-day period referenced in Clause 19.6 when Winners’ details will be held.
- Any personal details provided by unsuccessful entrants when participating in the Competition will be used for administrative purposes only and will be deleted once the Prize has been delivered to the Winner.
- This Competition is sponsored by The Vurger Co and delivered by both Candy Kittens and The Vurger Co. However, you will be providing all your information to Candy Kittens only.
- The Promoter makes no representation or warranty in relation to the Prize provided. Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes and shall not have any liability to any entrant or Prize Winner in connection with or arising out of this Promotion howsoever caused for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), costs, expenses, forfeited Prize, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing herein shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence or liability for fraudulent misrepresentation. For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph shall also apply in respect of any Prize provided by a third-party provider.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this Competition or the awarding of the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual and to terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and these Terms and Conditions, at any stage, with no liability to any entrants or third parties, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition and these Terms and Conditions without notice in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak, catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the Competition shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- This Competition and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.